Katalon Studio is a tool which helps you to automate your web and mobile testing. It uses Selenium and Appium libraries. It has a very good UI and also it is a free tool. You can easily start creating and managing your test cases. This tool includes a full package of powerful features that help you to overcome common challenges in web UI test automation such as wait-time, popup and iframe.
Features of Katalon Studio
- Hassle-free deployment: All components are bundled in a single, cohesive deployment package.
- Quick & easy set-up: Katalon Studio provides simple installation and it’s easy to set up the environment. With its pre-built templates and test scripts such as object repositories and keyword libraries, testers can run their first test script pretty quickly.
- Better & faster results: Katalon studio helps to build and run your automation test scripts. From project set up through test creation, execution, reports viewing and maintenance - testers can perform every step with speed and efficiency.
- Flexible modes: New testers can use recording and keywords to build automation tests, while expert testers have a full IDE to build advanced scripts.
- Ease of use: Even manual testers having minimum coding experience can effortlessly avail its benefits.
- Multi-OS application: Katalon Studio supports multiple platforms such as Linux, Windows 32 and 64 (7, 8, and 10) and OS X 10.5+.
Katalon Installation Steps
- Go to Katalon Studio and click on “Download” button. Here you have to enter your valid email address to activate your Katalon account.
- Choose the download version that you need.
- After completing the download, go to the downloaded folder on your pc and click on the Katalon.exe (Windows) or Katalon.dmg (Mac) or Linux
- After Completing installation process, enter the account info that you used to sign up. Finally, Katalon studio is ready to automate.
Create your first test
- Select File > New > Project from the main menu to open the New project. Enter the name of your project and click OK.
- Click on the New Test Case button from the main toolbar. Provide a name for your test case and click OK. An empty test case will be created.
- Click on Record Web from the main toolbar.
- The Record dialog box would be displayed where the recorded actions will be shown. Provide the URL of the application under test.
- Select a browser and click on the Record button to start recording the test case.
- Stop recording anytime by clicking on Stop. When you are done with recording, click OK to save the recorded actions into Katalon Studio.
- The recorded objects and actions are saved in the test case Manual mode.
- Click on the Run button with any browser to start running your test case.
Katalon studio is a leading platform for web and mobile automation. We can integrate it with test management tools like Jira, qTest. It can also collaborate with version control systems like Git and continuous integration tools like Jenkins. Because of the ease of creation of test cases on Katalon Studio, the manual testers can start their automation venture right away.