How to hire the best Kubernetes developers
Share This Article
Choose the best microservices vendor and trim the cost
Table of Contents
Subscribe to Our Blog
Container-based microservices are perhaps the most modern way in which development teams test and deploy software applications. The basic reason for using containers is that they make it easy to scale reasonably complex applications. However, it is also true that the use of containers has introduced a new infrastructure ecosystem, which adds to the complexities.
Using thousands of container instances has become commonplace thanks to the advent of Kubernetes. Originally developed by Google, Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that helps with scaling, deployment, and also managing containerized applications.
Kubernetes is the de-facto standard as far as deployment and operation of microservices are concerned. Kubernetes works by creating an abstraction on top of a group of hosts, and developers then have to deploy applications and allow Kubernetes to perform the following functions:
- Control resource consumption by the application or the team
- Spread application load across the host infrastructure
- Monitor resource consumption and limits
- Automatically stop applications from consuming too many resources. That will cause a restart of the application
- Move an application instance from one host to another in case of a shortage of resources on the first, or if the host dies
- Automatically leverage and apportion additional resources that are made available when a new host is added to a cluster
- Easily perform deployments as well as rollbacks
Why is Kubernetes Popular
Kubernetes helps you move fast
- It is cost-efficient
- Kubernetes is cloud-agnostic
- Cloud service providers can help manage Kubernetes for you
Challenges to Kubernetes Adoption
- In spite of the advantages it presents, Kubernetes also presents a few challenges, such as the following:
- Sometimes, the Kubernetes code-base develops faster than the developers’ pace. Also, with many managed service providers and a large number of platforms, it takes a while for new users to get an idea of the landscape.
- Experiments with Kubernetes can take up a considerable amount of time and, with funding being minimal during the project setup stage, teams find it difficult to try out new adoption initiatives.
- Developer teams are just getting used to leveraging the capabilities of Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes systems are not easy to manage.
Hiring the best Kubernetes Developers
Kubernetes is the foundation for cloud service architectures. Developers use this technology for continuous integration and deployment. Therefore, businesses have to hire the best Kubernetes developers to design, build, and configure applications in order to meet wide-ranging business and application requirements.
Skills Set required for Kubernetes Developers
- They should be highly skilled and able to execute design patterns for distributed systems.
- They should have the capability to build the container infrastructure platform.
- They are expected to implement design patterns for distributed systems configuration.
- They should be able to manage CI/CD pipelines.
- They should be highly skilled in containers, microservices, and other similar tools.
- Kubernetes developers should have hands-on experience with the different as well as exceptional possibilities in the cloud.
- They should be capable of finding the most efficient ways of developing software.
- Developers should be in a position to automate different recurrent operation components such as deployment, operation, management, and scaling using Kubernetes.
- Install, develop, and configure Amazon Web Services Kubernetes for deployment, clustering, and integration.
- Creation of scripts via Dockers for deployment and maintenance and management of different tasks related to containers;
- Ensure CI/CD between containers and hosts.
Download Ebook for FREE "How to choose the best microservices vendor and trim the costs".
Enterprises and start-ups that need fast scaling up can hire Kubernetes developers in order to simplify different aspects of running a service-oriented application package.
Technologies Kubernetes developers should be familiar with:
- Expertise in Kubernetes
- Experience in handling open-source projects
- DevOps and CI/CD implementation
- Cloud-native development
- Container technologies like Docker
- Microservice design and architectural patterns
- Complex event processing
- Event-driven architecture
Start your microservices journey today! Give us a call!
Related skills required
- Understanding of Linux, SDLC, Agile, and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience managing Docker/Container clusters
- Handling hybrid cloud environments
- Design patterns and implementation for distributed systems
- Ability to collaborate with team-mates and develop problem-solving skills, among others.
Kubernetes Developers' Responsibilities
- Building and optimizing secure, resilient cloud solutions;
- Writing software and managing infrastructure (IaC) with available tools/services;
- Writing software for automating deployment and enhancing Agility;
- Providing system support, testing, and monitoring bugs and issues in the product environment;
- Developing and deploying cloud-based CI/CD systems; constructing CI/CD pipelines and utilising AWS for quality assurance;
Why Outsource Kubernetes Developers
Outsourcing Kubernetes development is a method by which you can build and deploy robust and scalable Kubernetes solutions both quickly and efficiently. This helps to fast-track your projects and to transform your business vision into reality.
If required, outsourcing can help you land a large pool of high-quality Kubernetes developers from different nations if required. Thereafter, hand-picking a team of Kubernetes programmers from this pool can help you deliver the highest quality output.
Outsourcing Kubernetes experts reduces the inherent risks associated with the development of new projects. Outsourcing a tech team from a reliable service provider can be done in a short time if so required.
Also, outsourcing Kubernetes experts from organizations that can handle Kubernetes installation and configuration tasks for your project will cost you less than the subscription that you, as a business owner, may pay to any of the large cloud service providers such as Google Cloud (Kubernetes Engine), AWS (EKS), and MS Azure (AKS), among others.
Advantages of Outsourcing Kubernetes
- Outsourcing provides additional value over simply cutting costs-best practices, access to the latest tech, innovation and refined workflows.
- Outsourcing helps to cope with industry regulations and cybersecurity threats. For businesses, all the regulatory compliance risks and issues are dealt with by the outsourcing partner.
- Outsourcing becomes a full-scale partnership.
Outsourcing Organizations - Kubernetes expertise required
- Specialized in implementing Kubernetes and Docker solutions on AWS/Google Cloud and provide 24/7 support for their clients and partners
- Provide design and implementation of cloud infrastructure, help to establish CI/CD pipelines, and monitor and update apps lined up for production
- Their technology stack includes Azure, AWS ECS, GCE, Docker Swarm, Terraform, OpenStack, AWS Cloudformation, Kubernetes, AWS, and Ansible, among others
- High success rate in previous projects (up to 95%)
- They should be field experts in DevOps implementation, AWS-certified experts in IT consulting, and those experienced in cloud infrastructure administration, cloud systems monitoring, cloud migration, and management and security
- Expertise in the fields of DevOps, microservices architecture, and orchestration
Monthly Salary for Kebernetes experts in Different Countries
The US - $9,685
The United Kingdom – $5,837
Switzerland – $7,710
Germany – $5,735
Ukraine – $2,700
The figures are approximate values. It is observed that certified Kubernetes developer salary costs vary for different countries. Developer costs are high in the developed nations, and this is one reason why businesses and organizations look for expert and highly qualified developers through organizations that are ready with DevOps Kubernetes teams in other countries like India, where there is a large pool of technical talent available at lower costs.
If you hire a dedicated team from an outsourcing organization, there will also be a service fee charged.
Fully understanding the performance of your Kubernetes clusters and workloads will help smooth operation and allow you to scale your application according to demand surges. For this to happen, you have to hire the best Kubernetes developers for your organization.
Share This Article
Subscribe to Our Blog