Top 10 Python Frameworks for Web Development in 2023
Share This Article
Global Software Development Rates: An Overview
Table of Contents
Subscribe to Our Blog
Python is a favorite programming language among developers worldwide. It is fast, reliable, and efficient. Many multinational corporations use Python for web development. Python developers use individual components that are readymade to reduce time-to-market.
Python does not possess built-in features for fast customized web application development. For this, developers choose Python’s vast collection of libraries. However, there are Python frameworks for mobile app development as well. In this blog, we attempt to list the top 10 Python frameworks for web app development that a company should take heed of.
Python Frameworks for Web App Development
It is an open-source Python framework that is free to use and enables developers to create complex code and apps easily and quickly. It is possible to build high-quality web applications using Django.
Django is the most popular among Python frameworks for app development and can be used to quickly develop APIs and web applications. This framework is popular because of its many libraries, fewer lines of code, and the ability to reuse components.
Django – Key Features
- You can define patterns for the URLs in your app
- There is a built-in authentication system
- Powerful URL system
- OO programming language database for best data storage and recovery
- Automatic admin interface for editing, adding, and deleting during customization
- Caching framework with multiple cache mechanisms
This one is a fast, stable, yet minimalistic framework for developing web applications in Python. It is open-source and runs on any working framework that supports Python.
You can use any technology for data access and template formation when using CherryPy. It has the capability of a web framework and can be used to create sessions, static, file uploads, cookies, etc.
CherryPy allows web app development in a manner similar to the development of an OO Python program. This results in the development of source code in less time.
CherryPy – Features
- A configuration system that can be used by developers and deployers
- Flexible Plugin system
- Profiling, testing and in-built coverage support
- Tools for encoding, caching, authentication, sessions, static content, etc.
- An HTTP/1.1-compliant and WSGI thread-pooled webserver
- Runs on Python versions 2.7+, 3.5+, Jython, PyPy, and Android
It is an open-source Pyramid web development framework and is used by many tech giants like Dropbox and Yelp. The framework is popular because it is flexible and lightweight and can be used to build complex projects and essential web apps. Pyramid runs on Python 3.
Pyramid - Features
- Supports Python 3.8 and 3.9.
- Helps large and small apps to run well
- New security APIs to support a massive overhaul of the authentication and authorisation system.
- HTML structure validation as well as generation
- Testing, support, comprehensive data documentation
- Flexible authentication and approval
Grok's open-source web framework is based on the Zope toolkit (ZPK) technology and works to speed up app development. It provides an agile development experience to
developers by advocating two principles:
- Convention over configuration
- DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself)
Developers refer to network/independent libraries as required by tasks in Grok. Grok’s UI is similar to other full-stack Python frameworks such as TurboGears and Pylons.
Grok – Features
Helps to develop robust, extensible web applications for business needs
Allows web developers to use the power of Zope 3
Robust object database for storage
Integrated data security for applications to grant access to specific users
This Python web application framework has been designed to overcome inadequacies of commonly used web/mobile app development frameworks. TurboGears 2, is built atop other web frameworks, such as TurboGears 1, Rails, and Django.
TurboGears - Features
- This web application framework is used for solving complex industry-oriented problems
- A transaction manager helps with multi-database deployments
- TurboGears officially supports MongoDB as a primary storage backend.
- It supports multiple template engines
This framework is written using Python and is free and open source. It is suited for the agile development of secure database-driven web apps. It is a full-stack framework.
Web2Py - Features
- It guides a web developer to follow best practices in software engineering (using the MVC pattern)
- Automatically addresses issues leading to security vulnerabilities
- Includes a Database Abstraction Layer (DAL) to write SQL dynamically
This Python web framework is popularly used for developing complex web apps. Though this framework offers suggestions, it does not enforce any dependencies/project layout.
Flask - Features
- It is flexible.
- The framework keeps the core simple yet extensible
- Flask has many hooks used to customize its behavior
Bottle is a lightweight, fast, and simple WSGI micro-web framework used for building Python web applications. It depends only on the standard Python library.
Bottle - Features
- This framework runs with Python versions 2.7 and 3.6+
- Its fast and Pythonic built-in template engine supports Jinja2, Mako, and Cheetah templates
- It provides easy access to headers, file uploads, form data, cookies, and other HTTP-related metadata.
- It has in-built HTTP development server and supports Bjoern, Google App Engine, fapws3, CherryPy, or other WSGI-capable HTTP servers
With a non-blocking framework I/O, Tornado is a Python web framework and also an offbeat framework library. The framework is designed in such a manner that when configured correctly, it can handle over 10000 simultaneous connections. Thus it is an important tool for building apps with large numbers of simultaneous clients.
Tornado – Features
- Allows use of 3rd-party authentication and authorization
- Superior quality, non-blocking HTTP customers, and real-time services
- High-quality output
- Interpretation and localization support
- Web templates and user authentication support
BlueBream is an open-source Python web application framework, server, and also library for website developers. Developed by the Zope team, it was formerly called Zope 3. It best performs from medium to substantial activities and helps to apportion into different re-usable segments.
BlueBream – Features
- Emphasizing Python WSGI compatibility
- Availability of unit and functional testing capabilities
- Works as the primary mechanism for plugged security approaches
- XHTML-compliant language for templates creation
- Automatic form generator tool
- Ability to develop strong reusable components
Share This Article
The two types of Python frameworks are: 1) full stack framework and 2) non-full stack framework. The full-stack Python frameworks extend complete support to developers, with essential components for development such as form generators, validation of forms, and template layouts.
Given below are some reasons why a developer should learn Python: Python is easy to use and can manage huge amounts of data., There are vast numbers of Python libraries from which you can get help., Python enjoys extensive community support.
Subscribe to Our Blog